June 1, 2012 4:57:44 PM WATime
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1tsp (somewhat heaped) yeast (i use abt 7g which is 1 sachet)
- 1 head of grated raw garlic (or 2 big heaped spoons of jar garlic which is what i do)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- about 3/4 cups of milk (warm)
- about half a cup of water (warm)
- seseme seeds handfull
How to make it
- You want to make your yeast all bubbly by mixing it in warm water and sugar.
- Add the oil and salt to the flour and rub the oil in.
- then started mixing the dough with the milk/water mixture. if you need more liquid add more water but i think this much should be ok.
- add the grated garlic into the mixture
- Its ok if your dough is very sticky, should not be dry
- leave it covered for 15/20 minutes(or as long as you can, few hours) in a warm place till it rises. (double in volume)
- then just take some dough and shape it into a ball. i did not roll the naan out with a rollingpin but just did it all with hands.
- lay ur naan on a buttered baking tray and pop them in the oven on grill/broil. put the tray on the highest shelf. u barely need to bake them for two mins, keep an eye on them.
- add tiny bits of butter and seseme seeds ontop if desired so it melts while cooking
- once they get golden brown on top which again doesnt take more than two mins u flip them over for a bit just to get the bottom part a little gold too and voila ur done!
Dx May 2005 aged 25, Triple Negative, 25mmx18mmx20mm grade 3 invasive atypical medullary tumour, Axillary Clearance 1/15 lymph nodes positive (sentinal node only), Lumpectomy, Chemotherapy (FEC), Radiotherapy, LB only.