1. I acknowledge that the nature of this website has been explained to me and that it is being used to inform a research project being conducted by Edith Cowan University and Breast Cancer Care WA Inc.
2. Any questions I have asked have been answered to my satisfaction.
3. I understand that I may also contact the research team at any time if I have ongoing questions about the research project.
4. I agree to participate in this activity, realizing I may withdraw at any time.
5. I agree that the research data gathered for this study may be published provided I am not identifiable.
6. I understand that the research project will run for approximately 12 months and that I will be asked to participate in research activities such as surveys, focus groups and interviews as well as online interaction with others, if I am a person diagnosed with breast cancer or a supporter of such a person.
7. I understand interviews and focus groups will be audio recorded; this recording will be erased once the interview is transcribed and my identity will not be disclosed in any publication of the research. I may choose not to participate.
8. Breast Cancer Click.com.au is provided as a means of communication between people who have or had a diagnosis of breast cancer and their supporters, and as a general information service.
9. Any advice given by Breast Cancer Click.com.au members or information contained and posted on the website does not constitute medical advice and is in no way considered to be complete or accurate or to take into account individual circumstances.
10. Any medical or health-related information, which Breast Cancer Click.com.au members might seek to rely upon, should be discussed with their physician.
11. Breast Cancer Care WA’s main page www.breastcancer.org.au can also be consulted for general breast cancer information.
12. The opinions expressed on Breast Cancer Click.com.au are solely those of their author.
13. While due diligence will be exercised to moderate the dialogue, this will be carried out at intervals by volunteers and researchers and there will be times when the website contains unmoderated dialogue.
14. There is no Web Manager paid to take charge of Breast Cancer Click.com.au.
15. Breast Cancer Click.com.au users agree to exonerate the Breast Cancer Care WA, ECU, all researchers, volunteers and fellow users from any liability arising from the operation of Breast Cancer Click.com.au
16. As a member of Breast Cancer Click.com.au, you agree not to post messages that defame, threaten, solicit, offend, harass, embarrass or impersonate any other person. You also agree not to post messages that violate any persons' privacy or other rights. In particular, you agree not to make slanderous comments by disclosing the name of your doctor or other health professionals. If you wish, you can make comments by referring to "Your Doctor" in general.
17. You also agree that the Breast Cancer Click.com.au research team can make use of your comments on the website.
18. As a member of Breast Cancer Click.com.au, you understand that all website activity is logged and IP addresses are recorded against each forum post made. Only the administrators can view this information for research and management purposes.
19. All members and guest users are not permitted to copy or publish any Breast Cancer Click.com.au content or postings externally without the express permission of the Administrators.
20. You understand that by using the Breast Cancer Click.com.au service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive or objectionable. In this instance, you agree to exonerate Breast Cancer Care WA, Edith Cowan University, and all researchers from any liability arising from this exposure.
21. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify access rights at our sole discretion in the interests of more efficient and/or harmonious conduct of the website.
22. External links are provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only, but they are beyond the control of Breast Cancer Click.com.au and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content therein provided is at your own risk.
23.No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of an administrator of Breast Cancer Click.com.au
Note that Breast Cancer Click will only allow links to the index page http://www.BreastCancerClick.com.au and not directly to and pages or content of the site.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change and as such users of this site should check them regularly
ISSUED 2 MAY 2011